Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I join the WASH club and remain a member of my own Rotary club?
No; no one can be a member of more than one Rotary club at the same time.
- How much are the annual subscriptions?
The budget has not been finalised yet but we are expecting the annual subscription to be in the region of NZ$350. A breakdown of this figure is available on request.
- How will annual subscriptions be paid?
To reduce currency conversion fees, payment will be made in one sum at the start of the Rotary year.
- Is there an expectation that members will travel internationally?
No; while face-to-face meetings may be arranged from time to time, for example to coincide with the World Water Summit, attendance would be entirely voluntary. Nor will it be necessary for members to travel for project work.
- How much are donations to the Rotary Foundation?
The target which our District has currently for donations to the Rotary Foundation is NZ$150 per member, however all donations are voluntary and this figure includes other funds that may be raised by the club for the Foundation.
- Why should I join?
Together we can be much more effective at making a difference worldwide to improve water, sanitation and hygiene. You will join an international network of professional people who share this common interest and goal.